AV-8 Harrier

Обсуждение мест съемки для споттинга
Andrei

Всем доброго времени суток. Может быть, кто сможет подсказать.
Есть большое желание и планы (естественно, в зависимости от ситуации с COVID-19) поснимать замечательный СВВП Harrier.
Похоже, что штатно он сейчас эксплуатируется лишь в Италии и Испании (помимо США). Подстраивать поездку под возможное их появление в других странах крайне неудобно. Но в Италии их немного, да и летная активность в штатном месте базирования, похоже, невысока. Остается лишь Испания, авиастанция Рота. Хотелось бы узнать у коллег, бывавших там, насколько перспективно там встретить СВВП Harrier , ну и часто ли в неделю полеты.
dsribnyi
Site Admin

Андрей, форум на Скрэмбле смотрели уже?

https://forum.scramble.nl/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=149026

Ну и в описании базы пишут, что из-за огромного размера базы, точки съемки расположены очень далеко, поэтому снимать очень сложно...
Andrei

Да, Дмитрий, на этом сайте тоже смотрел. Похоже, что с востока снимать далеко, а вот если заход со стороны моря - то более-менее. А вот про активность что-то мало пишут. Периодически приходят Харриеры USMC, но это периодически... А вот как часто полеты у местных Матадоров - что-то найти пока не получается. Буду искать дальше...
dsribnyi
Site Admin

Так можно там и спросить насчет активности )
У нас по Харриерам Alex спец, это надо его спрашивать.
Andrei

Спасибо, Дмитрий.
Redskin301
Контактная информация:

Well harriers is difficult. there are not many left in Europe. In Italy the activities are low, and when they fly they are mostly at sea on the carrier. Spain is the same. Rota has more activity, but spotting on the fence is not always appreciated. I can imagine that when you are Russian it is difficult when the police is checking you. The only option is try to arrange a base visit, but that's very difficult. Else go for airshows where the harriers are planned to visit. Check for example the RIAT where the Spanish are going sometimes. I know there is every year an exercise in Spain at Gran Canaria (Gando) where also Harriers are participating. For the rest it is very hard, even for me as EU person. You are 10 years too late, as it was very easy in Britain in the past at RAF Cottesmore, RAF Coningsby and RNAS Yeovilton. Also on the TLP are no many Harriers seen in the last ten years unfortunately. The best option is the US when it will open again after Covid. You can go to MCAS Yuma of you can see them at Mesa Gateway in Phoenix in many weekends, but that depends on luck; planes make many times weekend stops there and photography is really good. personally I never had the luck of harriers there. In some cases you can catch one in Death Valley in the low level route. That's all I know about Harriers, hope it helps you on the journey!

Here one on the airshow of Torrejon in 2014.
Изображение
Kind Regards, Alex van Noye

My Website Runway 28
Andrei

Alex, thanx a lot for very useful information! Seems that best option for me is to catch AV-8 in Spain, just because russians are not welcomed guests in US & UK, and it's not easy to get tourist visa. I've checked NAS Rota's west location & it seems suitable for approaching aircrafts (36°38'41.0"N+6°22'31.6"W), and it's not too close to the fence & public facilities. And I hope that attitude toward spotters (even if they are russians) aren't as strict as, for example, in Singapore or South Korea. According to Milavia.net, there are at least 2 annual airshows in Spain which are held on the beach area, but light conditions are bad because of backlit. Anyway, the more difficult this bird to be caught the more I want to do it :) Especially when my visit to Spain can be combined with visiting some Germany AFB &, of course, famous Gilze-Rijen AFB (long live AH-64!) in Netherlands.
Redskin301
Контактная информация:

Contact me when to come to Gilze. i know every spot to catch Apaches here. Sometimes some luck is needed, but we will manage ;)
Kind Regards, Alex van Noye

My Website Runway 28
Andrei

Much thanks for your help:)
Shnipper

В 13-14 -м годах пару раз довелось видеть испанские Харриеры в Сан Педро дель Пинатар - небольшой городок километрах в 70-80 от Аликанте. Отрабатывали парой над морем (500-700 м от берега) висение и маневрирование. Там же есть военный аэродром (на котором они, возможно, тогда базировались), летное училище, место базирования испанской пилотажной группы, которая тоже периодически отрабатывает программу над местным пляжем. Точки съемки вокруг аэродрома откровенно плохие, ездил специально смотреть - ничего пристойного не нашел... Но над водой можно снять весьма хорошо, если есть дальнобойная оптика (400 мм на кропе маловато) или лодка, чтобы отойти от берега хотя бы на несколько сот метров.
Ответить